The Innovation Fund (IF) will provide around €40 billion
of support over 2021-2030 for the commercial demonstration of innovative low-carbon technologies, aiming to bring to the market industrial solutions to decarbonise Europe and support its transition to climate neutrality.
The Innovation Fund focuses on:
- highly innovative technologies;
- big flagship projects;
- innovative low-carbon solutions;
- small-scale projects that can bring on significant emission reductions.
Multiple calls of the Innovation Fund will be held regularly:
- Large-scale projects: CAPEX more than € 7.5 Million: The first call launched on 3 July 2020, and the European Commission will open new calls in the second half of every year.
- Small-scale projects: CAPEX less than € 7.5 Million: The first call launched on 1 December 2020. The European Commission will open new calls in the first half of every year.